This message from Thompson & Frey Cosmetic & Family Dentistry in Owensboro is about the American Dental Association. You have probably seen the ADA emblem on toothpaste and floss—but what else do you know about this dental institution?
The ADA’s self-proclaimed objective is to improve the level of public oral health by supporting the dental industry through not-for-profit federal, state, and local chapters. It was founded in 1859 and is run by its members, which currently total over 160,000.
The ADA Seal of Acceptance is not an endorsement of a product per se, but rather is a confirmation of the claims made by said product. Companies who want the ADA credential for a product must submit proof of rigorous scientific testing. Once submitted, the ADA re-tests the product to further verify results. There are currently over 300 products with the ADA credential.
The ADA does more than analyze dental products. Here are some other ways the ADA works to carry out its mission:
- Provides resources to support dentists and their practices
- Educates the public about oral health
- Works to maximize access to dental care
- Offers advice on important issues that impact the dental industry
- Collaborates with other organizations on scientific research projects and public health initiatives
- Offers scholarships to dental students
At Thompson & Frey Cosmetic & Family Dentistry in Owensboro we offer complete family dentistry services. People from Henderson, Tell City IN, and Hartford also come to our office for restorative dentistry. Schedule an appointment today!