At Thompson & Frey Cosmetic & Family Dentistry in Owensboro, we promote preventative dental care by developing decay prevention plans, and helping our patients establish and preserve proper dental practices.
1) A healthy mouth equals better overall health and well-being. Maintaining prime oral health puts children at a lower risk for diabetes and heart disease later in life.
2) A beautiful, healthy smile boosts confidence and self-esteem for babies.
3) By keeping teeth and gums healthy as little ones, you avoid the need for pricey restorative dental work down the road.
4) Strong teeth helps kids get proper nutrition. Tooth decay makes eating difficult.
5) Proper dental hygiene beginning at birth and twice-yearly exams commencing with the eruption of the first tooth promotes normal speech development. (The American Dental Association recommends toddler dental visits to begin when the first tooth appears.)
If you have a toddler that has not yet visited a dentist, call us to schedule a pediatric dental health examination. Thompson & Frey Cosmetic & Family Dentistry in Owensboro also provides restorative and emergency dentistry.