Flossing your teeth is an important part of any dental health regimen, but some people find it hard to work it into their routine. If that sounds like you, keep reading. In this post from Thompson & Frey Cosmetic & Family Dentistry in Owensboro, we’ll give you a few ideas for unique times to floss.
1. If you’re an early riser, try flossing in the morning right after you brush.
2. Try just after lunch, but before you go back to work.
3. Before or after you exercise. The condition of your teeth is just as important as the rest of your body! Keep some floss in your gym bag and give your teeth and gums some attention.
4. While catching up on your favorite Netflix series.
5. While taking a bath. Any task is more enjoyable if it can be done while relaxing in a warm tub. Queue your relaxation playlist and turn off your phone for an at-home spa experience.
Flossing is important for anyone who wants to have healthy teeth and gums. We hope this gives you some ideas to help you make flossing part of your daily routine. Just before bedtime, however, is still the best choice. Food particles left on teeth can turn into plaque while you sleep. The bacteria in plaque erodes enamel, creates cavities, and adversely affects gum tissue.
At Thompson & Frey Cosmetic & Family Dentistry in Owensboro, we want each of our patients to have outstanding dental health. We offer family and cosmetic dentistry. Call to schedule your next checkup today.