This message from Dental Designs of Owensboro focuses on a very serious issue: oral cancer. Oral cancer affects an estimated 35,000 Americans each year, which is why we offer VELscope Technology oral cancer screenings at each checkup. Early detection can make all the difference!
- At home, you can pay attention for any of the following:
- A lump or thickening in your throat.
- White or red patches on your tongue, tonsils, or lining of your cheeks and gums.
- Numbness of any oral feature.
- Any type of lesion, cut, or canker-type sore that doesn’t heal within 14 days.
If you notice anything unusual, be sure to tell us or your doctor. We perform basic screenings. If we notice anything suspicious, there is no immediate cause for alarm. We won’t know right away if what we’re looking at is cancerous, but will probably refer you for additional testing.
Early detection through an oral cancer screening at Dental Designs of Owensboro can make all the difference, and only takes a few minutes. People from Henderson, Tell City IN, and Hartford come to our practice for complete general dentistry. Contact us to schedule your next checkup today!